Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mark & Mr./Mrs. Panda Chia

3.29.08

Markie-Mark, my red-haired partner in crime, has officially arrived in Japan! I'm very happy to say that he is currently sound asleep; he was not able to sleep at all during the flight here because of some noisy Brazilian soccer players sitting behind him. His flight arrived an hour and twenty minutes early; therefore, I was a bit late meeting him. I was relieved to find out that he wasn't troubled by my tardiness. With that said, I'm ready to show him some of my favorite places around Tokyo and I hope he enjoys every second of it. I'm so grateful that he came all this way to visit little old me!

I promise to include some more updates as our adventures around Japan unfold, but until then, please enjoy these pictures I took a few days ago while I was riding my bicycle to work. My Sony Ericsson phone takes very high quality photos. Leave it to Japan to make a cell phone that can do just about everything well!

I bought this panda "chia-pet" for Lauren as a present. In this picture he/she has a bit of a comb-over, but needless to say, we still love him/her. I hope Lauren will allow me to give him/her a hair cut at some point in the near future.

I saw the blossoms of the tree above while I was riding my bike to work this morning. The flowers were very large--bigger than two of my fists put together.

1 comment:

Leah said...

The panda's hair has really grown!