Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Beatrix Potter

3.11.08

Today on my ride into work I had to take off my jacket so as not to get overheated. It was such a nice day for a bicycle ride. I've heard stories from friends and family back home in the states. In Buffalo, NY it's still in the 30's. I wish I could stuff a little Japanese sunshine into an envelope and send it to all of you in the states.

Leah and I went to visit Peggy today. We read her a few Beatrix Potter stories--The Tale of Petter Rabbit and The Tale of Benjamin Bunny--and she really enjoyed them. Reading the stories to her brought back so many memories of my mother reading Ms. Potter's stories to me before I nodded off to sleep at night. I loved them all; especially The Tale of Mr. Tod. After reading, the three of us joked and talked about old teachers that had left the school to go on and do great things.

I taught a one year old and a five year old together in the same class today. Before the lesson started, I felt so nervous. However, in the end everything went well. When you have a large age gap as well as a large gap in skill--speaking English--it can be difficult to get everyone equally involved.

Random Side Note: Today I got an early email on my cell phone from my mother telling me that she had purchased her plane ticket to Japan! She will be arriving in early August and we will be returning to the United States together. I also wanted to wish my friend Jon Newman the best of luck. As I type this, he is in the process of getting his four wisdom teeth removed from him mouth. I wish I could bring him a Wendy's Frosty. :)

No comments: