Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Farewell to Yusuke

3.26.08

One of my students has his last lesson today. He is leaving to study in America. As part of his lesson today, I thought he might enjoy going over some "American Slang". I found a few websites to help jog my memory, and I must say, several of the expressions are rather laughable.

I wish I knew how to feel when my students leave to "do bigger and better things". On the one hand I am excited for them, but at the same time, I will miss them. When added together it's a pretty confusing mix of emotions. I suppose this is how many of my past teachers have felt, and because of it, I look up to them even more.

In other news, it is supposed to get up to 19C today. If I'm not mistaken, that's roughly 66F!

Random Shout Outs: I would like to wish my very good friend Jon Newman a very happy 23rd birthday. He will be turning 23 on March 28th! Mark is coming to visit me this Saturday! Please stay tuned for our adventures.

Random Facts: Did you know that Nathan Hale was the first American spy during the Revolutionary War? I learned that yesterday from Brain Quest 4th Grade Edition. On NPR last night, I also watched an informative 5 part cartoon on carbon--what it is, making and breaking carbon bonds, and how we can reduce the amount of CO2 in the earth's atmosphere. It was quite amusing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheila,

You have to check this out on YouTube. Type in "vegetable orchestra" and you will find videos from people who created instruments from vegetables, and then play together. There is a Japanese guy who is so pleasant, funny and CLEVER "heita3"--he makes a flute from a head of broccoli, a pan flute from hollowed out carrots lashed together, a sliding penny-whistle from a daikon radish and plays Yankee Doodle. I just love this guy--who is he?
Ms Marg