Sunday, April 13, 2008

Meeting up with Azusa

4.12.08

Today after work, my friend Azusa and I met one another in Kaihinmakuhari station. We spent a little chatting at a cafe and then went on a little shopping trip. Our purpose? We were going to make dinner together! Azusa would teach me how to may Japanese dumplings (gyoza) and I would teacher her how to make lentils just the way I like them. Up until today, I had no idea that I could even buy lentils in Japan. It was an exciting discovery!

Azusa and I showing off our shrimp gyoza.

Gyoza in the making. You can see the first two I made on the left of the right plate. I got better as I made more but my first few were a little irregularly shaped. :) Azusa's on the other hand were professional quality. It looked as if she just removed them from a package!

Gyoza and Lentil are friends just like me and Azusa.

Cooking the shrimp gyoza.

Cooking the lentils.

Random Side Note: The other day Lauren and I could not help but pay attention to two of our younger neighbors. We were able to figure out that one of them is named Yuya from their frequent shouts as they play outside our apartment building. The other day Lauren was listening into their conversation and she translated what they were saying for my benefit. Evidently the annonymus brother shouted, "Yuya, throw me the meat!". One of them was actually tossing meat off of their family's second floor poarch while Yuya was standing just outside the railing of our poarch attempting to catching it. He then continued to eating it even after it had fallen on the ground. Lauren and I couldn't help but giggle during the whole thing.

No comments: