Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Christmas in September!

9.11.07

I finally had a chance to pick up the ten pound package that my mother sent me today it was filled with clothes that I forgot and my t-shirt blanket. Oh, I can't forget the goldfish crackers! I can't wait to eat them. Lauren and I thought they would actually be really good for teaching colors. We have teaching on the brain 24/7 now.

Today was basically like Christmas. Besides my package, Hiroko took us to Leah's old apartment where we rummaged around and claimed things that Hiroko would otherwise be trowing away. Our apartment is looking more and more "homey" as the days go by.

I should also mention that teaching went well today despite some challenges. Two of the girls in one of my classes were stealing sickers (Lauren told me this later)! During my last class with two older students, we talked about Mr. Bean and they told me how to get to two of their favorite restaurants. They said my homework was to go visit one before next week.

Special Notes: Thank you for your reading my blog! Kate, I would love some prezels, but only if you want to send them. I like the nibblers the best. Margene, I took a picture of a lady in a ukata (cotton version of a kimono). She was on the train. I will post it soon. Mark, you were there with me last night, silly goose!

Tomorrow I will be going to Minami...the area around Tokyo Disney for lunch with Lauren, Hiroko, and Harumi. I promise to take lots of pictures.

No comments: