Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

10.31.07

Today was the last day of Halloween parties at school, and it went very well! From time to time my students can be a handful, but I've come to realize how much I care about them all. Everyone of them looked absolutely adorable in their costumes. When I opened the door dressed in my cowboy hat and bandanna, they would always smile and dart excitedly into the classroom. I think out of all my students, the most memorable costume was warn by one of my little ones (4 year olds); her name is Michika. Michika dressed up as Stitch from the Disney movie Lilo and Stitch, which is very popular here. She really played the part and even made Stitch eating noises as I gave her her candy at the end of the lesson. I also had some Jack Sparrows, many witches, a ghost, a few cats, a few devils, Mr. Incredible, and some others. Here are some of my favorite class pictures.

Michika, Masakatsu, Yuki, Hana, and me.

My class: Narumi ("Cute Lovely Girl"), Mai, me, Momoka, and So.

Pinning the nose on the pumpkin.

Takeshi (and mom), me, Satoshi as Mr. Incredible (and mom).


Yay for donuts on a string!


Half of the lesson was normal and the second half was filled with Halloween related games. We played pin the nose on the pumpkin, and let the kids eat dangling donuts without their hands. The kids really enjoyed both. We also played musical chairs and Halloween BINGO to help them remember some of the Halloween vocabulary. Oh and I can't forget, we also taught them how to be expert trick-o-treats; with good manners and all.

Next post....THE TOKYO MOTOR SHOW 2007!




More Halloween Pictures! (posted on 11.21.07)

My cute little Wednesday girls. Oh how I love them all! (Right to Left: Yuka, me, Mirena, Ririka, Sayano, Nao)

My second class of girls on Wednesdays. (Right to Left: Marina, Chihiro, and Arisa)


3 comments:

mark said...

you are so gosh darn amazing. and i love your cowgirl costume

Hu said...

O the irony... in order to distinguish yourself as "American" you had to go western and stereotype yourself. What you should've done was get in some pirate gear, talk unintelligibly in some foreign language and scratch your crotch alot. That'll scare them straight about "Americans".

SheilaBeila said...

Hu, you are so goofy and thank you for the advice. Mark, much thanks! <3 sheilabeila