Thursday, January 8, 2009

Stop and Smell the Roses

1.8.09

It seems like my schedule has been quite full lately. Work at Buffalo Niagara Riverkeeper is going well and I really enjoy. Robbyn, the RiverWatch Program Director has asked me to make a few posts on the RiverWatch blog. I'm getting ready to launch a MLK Day fish cleaning demonstration at the Buffalo Museum of Science. One of my proudest moments in the past month occured when AmeriCorps called to tell me that my grant proposal for the fish cleaning demonstration would be approved. I had requested $500. Perhaps, I will have a second chance to write a grant proposal at the beginning of February. I've also been working on a script for a environmental tour docent training program that will take place starting in February.

While I was talking to Yuta tonight, he sent me a link to this TED video. TED is a great place to see all sorts of famous people talk about their great ideas. This particular video features Carl Honore as he talks about slowing down.



This was a short entry and I hope it finds you all well. I appologize for not posting as much as I used to. It's a new year and I'm looking forward to acting upon many long standing ideas/wishes.

2 comments:

Hu said...

Love the video Sheila, learned something new everyday! As something to show my appreciation, look up Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain, they are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Sheila!

This is Carl, Kyoko chan's boyfriend. Nice blog! I really love this video on TED, thanks for sharing.

Hope you loved Japan.

Cheers :)