Thursday, January 29, 2009

A New Me

1.29.09

A lot of things have been going on in my life recently and unfortunately I haven't made time to update my blog as often as I would like. I really want to try to document more of my time spend home in Buffalo, NY. While working at Buffalo Niagara Riverkeeper, I have learned so many great things about Buffalo. This city has such an amazing history and I'm sure there are countless number of Buffalo-nians who do not realize how unique this place really is. For example, Niagara Falls which is about a thirty minute drive from Buffalo, was the symbol of America until the French presented us with Lady Liberty in 1886. You should also know that more immigrants went through Buffalo than Ellis Island. Buffalo was considered the gateway to the west because so many immigrants passed through on their way from New York City, Boston, and other ports on the eastern coast. One last thing. The Great Lakes (Buffalo is located on Lake Erie) in total make up 20% of the world's fresh water supply.

Besides learning new facts about Buffalo, I decided to chop most of my hair and donate 10 inches of it to Locks of Love. I told my hairdresser Andrea that I wanted to "do something drastic" and I wish I would've recorded the look on her face when I pulled out my sketch pad and showed her the cut I wanted. In the end, she did a wonderful making the style I wanted a reality.

I quickly realized all of the added benefits to having short hair: (1) It takes less than 5 minutes to do my hair in the morning. (2) I use less hair products, and therefore, save the environment as well as my wallet. (3) Finally do something that I've been daring myself to do for almost a year (i.e. cutting my hair very short).

Right Profile

Left Profile

Me!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I love your hair! I wish I could pull that off. It looks grrrrreat.

Hu said...

You are really green

mark said...

someone looks pretty pretty