Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wednesdays with Ro

7.2.08

I had a new student tonight and her lesson ended at 9pm. Even thought it was quite late, I enjoyed my bicycle ride home. When I passed by the park their was a really sweet and flowery scent in the air. I wish my mother (or grandmother) would've been their to confirm the flower type for me. They are always the two to ask when it comes to anything garden related.

My lessons went well today. It makes me sad to think that I only have a few lessons left with my students. Parent Open House will be the week of July 14th and I will do my best to prepare for that date. I hope the parents are impressed with what my students learn. English is so difficult and all of my students are doing a great job. Granted some are improving slower than others, but overall, I believe they have changed for the better. Perhaps I have also changed for the better as well. I hope. :)

Before going to class today, Lauren (Ro) and I stopped to get some ice cream (it's our favorite past time) and take some purikura pictures. Here are two of the four pictures. I suppose all purikura pictures are meant to be a bit on the ridiculous side.

Bejeweled Ro & Shi

Tall Ro & Short Shi

Random Side Notes: Lauren just sent an email to my cell phone informing me of a rice vending machine that she spotted while walking around Tokyo this evening. To the Japanese, convenience is extremely important, even when it comes to rice.

I would also like to mention one more thing. On Tuesday night, I was called on to remove a rather large moth from the classroom where Lauren was teaching. The moth was about an inch long with the fuzziest looking antennae Lauren or I had ever witnessed. The moth's antennae were about .5 inches long--about half the length of it's body. I gently trapped it under a cup and released it into the flowerbed lining the front window of the school. While it was in the cup, I made sure to spend a good thirty seconds watching the moth's two antennae move around wildly. It must have been honing in on my presence.

No comments: