Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lots of Rain

5.14.08

The rain has been falling consistently for the past two days. Despite the gloominess of it all, I must remind myself that this type of weather is very beneficial for the plants and flowers. I think it got down to about 12 degrees C today, and if my conversion skills are correct, that would be about 53 degrees F.

I'm happy to report that my Anthurium looks as if it could be coming back to life. I don't want to say for certain just yet for fear that I will jinx it. For a short time, I was very worried that I had killed the poor little plant. I think there were two main causes for this concern: 1. the winter cold was very harsh on the plant 2. the plant had gone into some sort of "hibernation". A few of the leaves started turning brown so I decided to trim them. Despite the lack of stems before, my plant has currently sprouted several new shoots. I'm hoping that I will have a few bright pink flowers just in time for my mother's visit at the beginning of August.

My lessons went well today. In May and July, Lauren and I will be covering prepositions in our classes. This week I began teaching my students "in" and "on". Besides school activities, I'm planning to go on a cherry picking trip with Hiroko this coming Sunday. I promise to take many pictures. :)

No comments: