Sunday, November 21, 2010

Middle Eastern Ensemble Fall Concert

11.21.10

This past September, I was awarded a one year fellowship to study Greek. The fellowship is offered through the US Department of Education and specifically encourages students to learn uncommonly studied foreign languages (e.g. Turkish, Greek, Portuguese, etc.). As stipulated by the fellowship, I will take Greek language classes as well as related culture classes for the Fall 2010 and Spring 2011 semesters. For my culture class this semester, I enrolled in a Mediterranean music ensemble. I had the opportunity to sing in Turkish, Arabic, Greek, and Hebrew. The pictures below were taken at our end of the semester concert.

My fellow choir members: Rebecca, Amy, and Enrika

Practicing before the event starts. (Adem and our conductor Harold).

Adem and Tara

I wasn't expecting such a large crowd to turn up for this event. It made me so happy to see so many of my friends faces in the back of the Carriage House loft. I'm so grateful that you all came!

I really enjoyed singing with this group of talented musicians. I will most likely be continuing with the choir for the Spring 2011 semester and promise to inform you of my next performance.

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

I have more pictures of this! I keep forgetting to get them to you. Remind me!