Sunday, January 31, 2010

Telephone Pictionary

1.31.10

This picture was taken back in December by my friend Ali. While I was staying in Washington DC for the weekend, a bunch of my friends agreed to play this game called Telephone Pictionary. It's one of my all time favorite games because it always makes me laugh. I used to play it with my students in Japan and they would always shock me with their ability to draw and write!

To explain the rules, each player takes a piece of paper and writes a sentence at the top of their page. They hand it to the person on their left and that person draws a picture of what they read. The drawer then folds over the sentence and passes the picture to their left. The second writer must then explain what's going on in the picture using one sentence. The game continues like this until the piece of paper gets back to its original author. It's fun to read them together at the end. Most times the story totally deviates from the initial sentence but there are some exceptions to this.

The picture below is one of my favorites from Washington DC.

I'm not really sure why, but the French guy at the bottom always makes me giggle. He looks so surprised. Well, maybe I would be too given Kate's evil stare.

No comments: