Saturday, September 26, 2009

Winos In Ithaca, NY


8.23.09

After going home for my birthday visit, my parents were kind enough to drive me back to Ithaca. On the way back, we decided to stop at the Sheldrake Point Vineyard (by my mother's request) and the Bellwether hard cider factory (for my father's tastes). The Finger Lake region (Ithaca is located on Cayuga Lake, one of the many Finger Lakes) is very well known for its world class wineries. I was surprised to see how many nearby wineries there were on a Cayuga Lake winery map I found.

We spent some time walking around the Sheldrake Point grape fields and then went inside to try the wines. For the first time I realized that the flavors/essences typically used to describe a wine are not really included in the ingredients. It's interesting that someone can actually taste those flavors when they're sipping a glass of wine.


My mother and father decided to buy a few bottles of the Sheldrake Point wine.

Wines of Sheldrake Point Vineyards

Purple grapes!

Green grapes!

My father and mother in the grape field.

No comments: