Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Ithaca Farmers' Market


8.31.09

I met several other graduate students at an orientation event and we all decided to take a trip to the Ithaca Farmers' Market to see what it was like. I had heard that the market was a great place to go to for lunch because of the large ethnic food selection. When we got there I was surprised to see so many options: Japanese, Indian, Cambodian, Laotian, Cuban, and many others. Everything looked so good but I decided to try the Cambodian food. I got some taro root as well as a fried vegetable pancake that was deliciously crispy. The buttery pancake batter was complimented well with a savory dipping sauce. Some of my other friends got baked goods and a few decided to get the Cambodian sticky rice with coconut milk and mangoes. Many of us also picked up some freshly squeezed lemonade. It was tart but refreshing.


Me, Christine (my lab mate), Verena, and Hilary

Hilary and Rachel

Me, Christine, and Verena

Sharing

The Ithaca Farmers' Market is located on the shores of Cayuga Lake.


Shout outs: I would like to say thank you to Heng (Henry) Li for taking and sharing these beautiful pictures.

No comments: