Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas Party Continued

Here are the other Hands On English Christmas Party pictures that I promised to post. I had many and I did my best to choose my absolute favorites. Overall, the parties went very well! We played a "snowball" relay with palm-sized pom-pom balls. The kids had to carry them on a spoon and put them in a stocking without using their hands for help. We also played other games and gave each child a candy cane at the end of the lesson. I made candy cane reindeer with my private students and baby classes . Hiroko thought they were so cute!

During this week of classes, I was a bit nervous at times because the parents were invited to watch both Lauren and I while we taught our classes. I suppose that I shouldn't have spent so much time worrying; all the parents commended both of us for our teaching. :)

Me and Yoshino with our candy canes.

From left to right: Yuka, Mirena, Sayano, Nao and me after the class gift exchange.

From left to right: Arisa, Marina, Chihiro and me after the class gift exchange.

Momoko and Ruriko (sisters) with their candy cane reindeer.

From left to right: me, Momoka, Narumi, Mai, and So.

Me and Oura.

I'm reading Thomas' Christmas to Sakurako and Kyoko while waving hello to other students who are arriving for the lesson.

Me and Mao posing with our candy cane reindeer.

Lauren and I posing with our new year's resolutions.

Lauren and I were acting a little strange after our last night of class before break.

I'm not exactly sure when this was taken during break. Basically, some random guy and his girlfriend (she is also sleeping on the other side of the man) fell asleep on me while Lauren and I were riding the train home. Amazing enough, I was able to get up for my stop without waking either of them up!

No comments: