Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sheila Sensei

8.25.07

Today was officially my first day of teaching and I think it went pretty well for the most part. Lauren and I were given our schedule for next week and even though I felt a little overwhelmed I know I will be able to handle it. Once I get through the first few weeks I will be ok. Right now I just have to hold on, come up with some good ideas, and see how they work in the classroom. I have had some experience with teaching, but today I finally understood why some teachers talk about how they learn just as much from their students as their students learn from them. As a teacher, you have to be very flexible and learn to adapt to the needs of the students.

After Lauren and I got back from school we decided to clean the house. From what we could tell, our apartment hadn't had a thorough cleaning in, Oh, about a "coon's age". It just about sparkled when we were finished with it. By the time we were done, I was time for dinner. We decided to eat the left over pizza that Hiroko had given us from lunch. Picture this: broccoli (ok), shrimp (a little odd but still ok), and squid (?). As weird as it sounds, it was quite good. And did I mention it was from Pizza Hut?



Oh and I finished Harry Potter 7 tonight. Good stuff.

No comments: