Thursday, July 9, 2009

No Doubt!

6.19.09

I cannot even begin to explain how amazing No Doubt was the first time I saw them in concert over 8 years ago when they released Rock Steady. I remember trying to push my way up to the stage. I admired (and still do) Gwen Stefanie's confidence as she bopped around singing all the best songs. This show was no different. Well, except for the fact that I decided to keep my distance from the stage. Alyssa, Shelley, and I had ample room to dance our legs off. Not to mention, we did not have to worry about being trampled by thousands of fans. Overall, No Doubt's performance at Darien Lake Performing Arts center was a great experience. Paramore, the opening band, was full of energy and charisma as well.

Some of the memorable parts of this performance include:
- The double encore
- Gwen Stefanie's multiple costume changes
- Spontaneous ska circles/trains
- Old school No Doubt photo montage at the end of the show
- Adriane playing his snare drum
- Paramore played "Misery Business" first (I predicted this would happen)

Paramore

From left to right: Alyssa (Hammy), me, and Shelley

2 comments:

alyssapriess said...

where's my inhaler?

SheilaBeila said...

Haha! I wanted to write that but didn't. Thank you, Hamtaro, for your boldness! :] sheilabeila