Friday, May 1, 2009

Opening Day of Trout Season

4.1.09

Today was the opening day of trout season! My father woke up around 4am, packed his tackle box, grabbed his fishing pole, and headed to Arcade, NY with my neighbor. I was a little disappointed that I could join but I had to work. The last time I went out with my father, it was very rainy but this year the weather was beautiful. My father caught several fish (two very large and a few medium sized ones). We decided to eat the one below for dinner. It was delicious. :)

Typically, streams will be stocked with fish to accommodate all the eager fisherman. Most of the fish that my father and neighbor caught were stocked fish.

Here is one of the two large Brown Trout that my father caught. It was over 12 inches long.

Brown Trout Snout

No comments: